Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mama's 63rd birthday

My mum is 63 this year. As she is suffering from stage 3A colon cancer and is in the midst of chemotherapying, she must be careful in her diet. In the previous years, we used to go out for dinner to celebrate her birthday. However, this year I've decided to cook some simple food so that she can have a wholesome dinner in my house. We had a chicken potato and onion soup and 3 other dishes - steamed Sea Bass, fried egg with minced chicken and stir fried chye sim with garlic, carrot and white button mushroom. We ended off dinner with a birthday cake. My mum looked very happy. I want to wish her good health and a speedy recovery. I want to spend more time with her, especially during this maternity leave and June holidays. My mum is a wonderful woman, very noble, self sacrificing and capable! I love her very much. I can't imagine if anything were to happen to her. I must trust in God that through all these, His glory will prevail and that my mum will come to know God and accept Him as her personal Lord and Saviour. I always know that God is good and we can depend on Him. All Glory be unto Him! :)

5 comments:

kkf said...

Your mum really looks happy, and I think you are a great daughter. May her health improves, and all goes well for your family.

Sheryl said...

Your mum is great and so are you. May your mum get well soon.

The Tired Mommy said...

Thanks ladies. :)

Cherish said...

YES!! God is good! May your mum recovers in God's healing. By the way, are you Annie from NCPS? You have 2 kiddos already? Nice : )

The Tired Mommy said...

yes! that's me! :) yah, 2 kiddos now... all of us made good progress in our lives!! :)