Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mama's 64th Birthday

Mama is 64 years old now. I feel extremely happy to celebrate her 64th birthday. In fact, ever since her last year's explosion of illness, I treasure every birthday that mama celebrates and will celebrate. I look forward to every of her birthday. And I tell myself that I will celebrate every of her birthday. Not just hers but also all my love ones because you never know when will be their last. Sounds pessimistic ? It's life. It's God's gift to us and we must celebrate it.

Anyway, do you remember the roller art that Phoebe had done last week ? I didn't know what to do with them, so I kept them. My hubby suggested to Phoebe to make a card for Mama. With her previous experience in making a card (for Vera), Phoebe was able to complete one for mama that very morning itself. I cut out two of Phoebe's and Reuben's palm prints and also three hearts out of the roller printing. We made a card for Mama, with all our love.



Shangri-La Hotel was having a Flash-Your-Age promotion. I booked a buffet lunch at The Line one month in advance. The spread was good. We had a hearty lunch and took a few pictures after that.


Next year, when Reuben is older, I'll also get him to contribute in making a card for Mama. I'm looking forward to her 65th birthday! (^_^)

4 comments:

kkf said...

Ur mum looks good! hope she stays well and healthy forever!

You are right, we must treasure every special year we have. I also treasure cause we really dunno what will happen tomorrow to our love ones or even to ourselves.

The Tired Mommy said...

yah ! My mum looks good. Her hair is real, not fake :) And she didn't lose weight at all! :) Thank God :)

Cherish said...

wow! time flies, I remembered I got to read about your mum's last year's birthday, and "know" you in the blog last year...by the way are you the only child cos never see your other siblings in the pictures.. care share what is it like to be growing up as the only child? Actually, I may want to stop at 1 cos' I don't seem to be able to cope if have another 1 as no one here to help unlike in Sin....but worry being the only child, E will feel lonely or even spoilt ....age is catching up so may want to close shop liao ...haaa..

The Tired Mommy said...

No lah, I not only child. I've an older sis, but she's working in Channel 5 as a producer, so her working hours are usually very crazy and she's often very busy with projects, so can't join us most of the time. I think having sibling is really fun and I can discuss issues with her, esp pertaining to my parents. But of course, we do quarrel, like any others.