Monday, August 23, 2010

Sister's Passport

Recently, we went on a day trip (on 8 August) to Johor Bahru for shopping. It was a fun trip. Phoebe took her favourite toy rabbit along. She has been calling her toy rabbit "Sister". I sewn it (only the words on the bib) for Phoebe when I was conceiving her. So it was my first present to her.

We went by the second link and there were not much jam. At the custom, we had to wind down our car window and let the custom officer match our faces to the pictures on our passports. Phoebe held out her "sister" for the custom officer. That gave me an idea and I told her that we would make a "passport" for Sister when we get back.

When we got home, I showed her how a real Singapore passport looked like and we tried to make one ourselves for Sister. We role-played and pretended to be custom officers. We used our stamps to stamp on Sister's passport. We also brought it to our friend's place on National Day to pretend that we were in overseas and I told my friend to pretend to be the custom officer and stamp on Sister's passport. It was fun and my friend's children also role-played.

So here it is, Sister's personal passport.



I've asked Phoebe what were the information that she deemed suitable to be included in her sister's passport and these were the fields that Phoebe wanted to include to describe her sister's background.

3 comments:

kkf said...

wow, thats nice! very creative!

The Tired Mommy said...

next time bring to your place to stamp :)

xiaoci_mama said...

so cute.