Friday, January 13, 2012

Reuben's New Milestone

Children really grow up fast! So fast that I cannot remember how Phoebe was like when she first started nursery in SKMCC. I only remember her being very brave, not sheding a single drop of tear, going up the school bus by herself and is always very obedient, well-behaved and attentive. Thankfully, we have photographs and videos of her to help us in our recollections.
It seems like just yesteryear that Reuben was born. It seems like just yesterday that he went to Little Learners. And now, he is already going to the wonderful school that his Jie Jie has just graduated from. When Reuben was in Little Learners, it took him 2 months to settle down, without teary eyes and wet face. On the first 2 days of SKMCC, Reuben was good. Calm, attentive and smiley. I thought he has matured and will not repeat the same Little Learners saga. After the first 2 days, he realised that this school is for real. He will be in this place for the next 3 years. Reality sets in. Every morning, when I drive him to school, he clings on to me, refusing to let go.

"Mommy I want you! I want you!"
He grabs my arm and when I pry open his hands, he hugged my thigh, refusing to go into the classroom. It is always Chen Lao shi, who will scoop him up and carry him into the empty classroom, when all the other children are already in level 2, getting ready for the morning devotion. After a few minutes of pacifying, they will take him up to level 2 to join the rest of the children and he will be calmed by then.
After school, he will be all smiley again, waving to me as I pick him up from the school gate, driving him to pick his grandparents up before heading for home.
In Little Learners, he cried for 2 months. I'm hoping that he will settle down in half the time in SKMCC. Let's see how things go. Praying for peace in Reuben :)



2 comments:

kkf said...

same leh! dash never shed a tear when he went to school when he was young. haha. but violet cried!

The Tired Mommy said...

maybe it's the second child syndrome :)