Friday, September 6, 2013

Instilling Discipline

II was looking through Pb's school work when the children had fallen asleep last night. I looked at the long list of things that they needed to do, wow, but yet, I've anticipated it. I am thankful that the teachers had taken time to plan the holiday homework to en've ge the children and that, she will also need the extra time to busy herself in marking after.the holiday. I appreciate the effort she has put in, hence I always ensure that Pb tries her best in completing her homework well so that she 'll understand what she's learning and marking will not be laborious or a torture for the teacher.

As I looked through some of  the work she has done, a warmth grew in me. For the last 2 days, Wed and Thu, she has completed much of her homework after school on her own, without me nagging at her. Checking through every questions, I've spotted some mistakes and I've added a sticky tab to the questions. I'll ask her to re-examine the questions again. What I'm really glad is that, although the work done were not flawless, majority were done correctly and they were meticulously neat. Not only that, she has also automatically practise the piano on her own accord. I am very heartened to know that she has cultivated some form of self-discipline. She has mature along the way and has assumed the responsibility of learning. All these months and years of me bugging her to do her work and sitting with her to complete her tasks had not gone in vain. My effort in teaching her self-discipline has not gone futile.

Thank you God for giving me an obedient and teachable daughter. May He continue to work in her life and mould her into the person He wants her to be!


No comments: