Thursday, February 27, 2014

Independent Avid Reader

One of my prayers for my children is that they'll grow into independent avid readers. I'm thankful to see my prayer being answered for Pb. She loves reading and has started reading on her own in K2, before entering P1.
 
Now in K2, I'm also training Rb to become an independent reader too. We borrowed "Bones", the boy version of "Cam Jansen", who was a child detective. Pb used to love Cam Jansen and her mysterious, so I presumed that Rb would also love books of that same genre.
 
There are eight books in the "Bones" series, written by David Adler, the same author as "Cam Jansen". Last night, I've read the first book to Rb and he liked it. This afternoon, I've told him to read the second book silently by himself. There were some words which he didn't know how to pronounce, such as pretended, light, detective and yours. I've read them out for him. On the whole, he could read Book 2 without much problem and was able to tell me the gist of the story. He told me that he would read Book 3 tomorrow.
 
I'm so looking forward to having my prayer answered again. Thank you God for your faithfulness! :)
 

No comments: