Friday, March 9, 2012

Phoebe's First Day of School

Today is the last day of Term 1. One term of 10 weeks have passed and I have not blog about Phoebe's first day of school. I thought I better blog about it before my memory of her first day of school fades off. I shall try to recall as much information as possible.

Excitedly, Phoebe and I packed her school bag on the night before. I also prepared her snack in a snack bag for recess. Parents were not allowed into the school premise because the school was undergoing upgrading. The principal was afraid that parents might be put in a dangerous spot or get in the way of the workers. Hence, Pri 5 prefects were deployed to be the buddy of the P1 newbies. Phoebe's buddy was a nice girl named Allyssa. At the end of the buddying, (I think was 3 days?) Allyssa made a bookmark for Phoebe. Phoebe reciprocated by making a bookmark for Allyssa too. I also added a small pack of Tolberone chocolate for her buddy to expression my appreciation for taking care of my little girl :) There was no crying or reluctance, just plenty of excitement and anticipation! :) Phoebe is my brave little girl! :)






Phoebe made a card for her buddy, Allyssa :)

2 comments:

REDLeader said...

Hi there! chanced upon your blog. Praise the Lord that you daugther started school in PLMGPS in 2012. My daugther started her Pri sch education in PL two years ago and yes, we had to go through a balloting process for my girl. God is truly good! :)

kkf said...

glad phoebe is adapting well to school!