Saturday, June 12, 2010

Grandma Turns 65

My mom is 65! She celebrated her 65th birthday on 11 June 2010, just 4 hours before leaving Singapore to her well-deserved holiday to China. My sister rushed back from work and got her a mango cake from Four Leaves. We gathered in my mother's place to sing her a happy birthday song. Phoebe cut the cake with her favourite grandmother and took many pictures with her favourite Yi-yi. After that, papa sent us home before reverting back to take my parents to the airport.

Phoebe made for her grandma three bear-shaped nutella sandwiches. She used the bear-shaped cookie cutter to cut the sandwiches after spreading nutella on the bread. I bought my mother a Coach Tribeca leather bag. Actually, we have had an earlier celebration on Wednesday, 9 June 2010. I gave my parents a buffet lunch treat in the Fern Tree Cafe in Miramar Hotel but I forgot to take photos that day. Absent-minded me!

Time really flies. Last year, we celebrated her birthday in Shangri La Hotel and the previous year, the celebration was done in my place. I will celebrate my mother's birthday every year, to thank her for bringing me and my children up. May God continue to strengthen her health each day and bring her much joy in her life! Amen! :)


Yi-yi loves her niece and nephew, always showering them with gifts and nice food :)



Have a happy and blessed birthday dear mother/grandma! We love you!

No comments: