Friday, June 17, 2011

Simple Home-Cooked Dishes

Being in the afternoon session, I would have reached home at about 7 p.m. My day does not end there. From a teacher, I immediately transformed into a homemaker. I have to whip up a decent dinner for my husband and maid. The children would have eaten in their grands' place. Ever since my mother was diagnosed with cancer in 2008, we decided not to have our daily dinner at her place even though she cooks the best dinner! This is to reduce her inconvenience of doing marketing, especially that both my dad and mom do not drive. Their means to the Boon Keng and Kovan market would be via the MRT. It would be too tiring and heavy for them to lug the ingredients all the way back from the markets.

With the limited time that I have, dinner has to be easy, fuss-free, quick and yet nutritious! Here are some of the simple dishes I cook for dinner. I posed the dishes that I cook in the blog not to boast of my culinary skills. I do not cook well and am still learning and improving myself. I "publish" the dishes that I had cooked because like everyone else, I need the encouragement to go through the tiring day too. Many a times, I return home feeling drained and beaten-ed but I still need to cook a decent meal for my family. It feels good that people appreciates what I can do and cook. Even just a word of praise gives me the energy to carry on. Like the title of my blog, I am indeed a tired mommy - many roles to assume, many hats to wear. My condolences are that my children are growing up well and healthy and that everyone I love are happy, united and well taken care of. That would be my greatest prayer for them!










3 comments:

kkf said...

you cook great dishes! I am super lazy. I still decided to carry on tingkat. I am simply too lazy to think of what to cook!

The Tired Mommy said...

I dun like Tingkat food coz they always give us tau kuah and tau hu ! And my hubby said, since we have maid, we should have home-cooked food more frequently. This, I do agree. I always recycle my dishes lah... haha.

mahmmy_boy said...

Wow....look so delicious...teach me, teach me...open a class leh