Friday, August 24, 2012

ABRSM Grade 1

Today marked a new milestone for Phoebe. She had her ABRSM Grade 1 Piano examination. She has practised hard, enduring the harsh scolding from me whenever I spotted a mistake. The three pieces that she had selected to play for the English examiner, Mr Robin Zebaida, was Gavotta, A Tender Flower and Vampire Blues. I believed that she has tried her best so whatever the result may be, we will commit to God.

The timing designated to her was 12.01 p.m. in Marine Parade Centre, Level 6. We reported at about 11.30 a.m. and there was another girl doing Grade 3 ahead of her. Due to the absence of another candidate, Phoebe had to sit for the examination earlier, at 11.50 a.m. instead. Well, that would be good, then the agony of anticipating will not be prolong. Parents had to wait outside the music school while the candidate were to sit inside, awaiting for her turn. When I looked at her through the glass door, I see an impish little girl, giving me a cheeky smile. Yet through her eyes, confidence emitted. I praise God for giving me such a cute little girl and I pray that He will be with her all the days of her life, carrying her through all obstacles and tests!


When Phoebe completed her examination and appeared through the sound-proof door, she was smiling coyly yet with satisfaction. I know that God is victorious! She said that the examiner was a big man, and very friendly and approachable. She did make a mistake in her D minor left hand scales but she had asked Mr Zebaida for permission to replay the scale which she did accurately and steadily at the second try. For the three pieces, she decided to play them with the book opened as she was nervous. I wouldn't blame her for that for this was afterall her first piano examination. As for the sight reading, Phoebe told me that she did make a mistake at it too. I was not at all flustered when I heard all these. I know that she will be able to pass since we have prayed and asked God to help her. Afterall, this is an enrichment activity, I would want her to enjoy the process of learning and performing. It is then that she can grow up to be a confident person. Whatever the result, To God Be The Glory! :)
Gong-gong came over to wish Phoebe well!
Outside the examination room.

While waiting, she looks through her pieces. 
She also looked through her scales and broken cords.



Getting cold after waitng for about 15 minutes.
Anxious me!! :p



Credentials of the pupils.
Came out smiling. God is victorious! :)

2 comments:

kkf said...

she can definitely pass one!

The Tired Mommy said...

Thanks Aunty KF :)