Monday, October 4, 2010

Flap Your Wings and Fly Phoebe

I've failed. I wanted to record some entries before the clock struck 12 on 30th Sept but I failed. I couldn't fight with the Zzz monsters. Is it because my days are so packed with activities that my energy was all drained or is it simply because my age is just catching up on me? I think it's both.

Anyway, every night before sleeping, Phoebe will need to visit the bathroom one last time before lights off. So as usual, last night, she went to relieve herself. Then she called for me. What for? To tear the toilet papers for her and clean her up. I was lying on the bed lazily and was reluctant to move. So I gave her an excuse.

Me : Phoebe, you're a big girl already. You need to wipe your backside by yourself. Make sure it's clean and dry. Then you flush the toilet, wash your hands and switch off the lights. You know the drill. Next year, you'll be in K2 and then you're going to a primary school soon. You have to do all these by yourself. Your primary school teachers will not do it for you.

Phoebe : Mommy, I want to go to your primary school.

Me : Why?

Phoebe : So that when I need to go to the toilet, I can look for you to ask you to help me wipe myself.

Me (and my hubby nearby) laughed. So I told him,

Me : (to hubby) See! She cannot be in the same school as me. She needs to be in her own school. She needs to be on her own and learn to be independent. She needs to flap her wings and fly and get out of my wings. She cannot be under my arm(pits) all the time. :)

Phoebe wiped herself, flushed the toilet, washed her hands, switched off the lights and joined us in bed.

Me : Phoebe, from next year onwards, you need to learn to wipe your backside after you have poo poo coz no one will do it for you when you're in Primary school. You need to practise at home first. Even if we're in the same school, you can't ask me to help you because I might be having lessons and you may not be able to find me. So you have to learn how to do it.

That's my Phoebe. She's still a baby to me. She needs to learn to flap her wings and fly. She needs to learn to be strong. She's my funny girl always!! :) Love her crazy! :)

4 comments:

kkf said...

thats really funny! haha...

luckily dash's school taught him how to wipe his own buttocks, and i do not have to worry about him calling me halfway during my lessons to wipe for him when he goes to our school! hahahaa

Dadaluff said...

That's awfully true... Sophie's teacher told me once that they need to b away from parents so that their independent self can develop. Tis norm for them to rely on us when we r ard but their full potential can only be seen when we r not with them.. Kinda like we e their hurdle even though we r their pillar too...

The Tired Mommy said...

ya, sometimes I think I'm too protective of her... so worried that she'll cry... haha.

xiaoci_mama said...

That is why XC is nt in the same sch with me. i scared later during recess she will be outside crying for me.