Friday, July 3, 2009

Blogger-Mommies Outing 2

Backdated and outdated this entry may be, I still want to report on our trip to the Singapore Philatelic Museum with the blogger-mommies. I thought the whole place was very well kept and informative. I could have spent a whole afternoon on my own to read all the interesting information in the stamp museum (read : on my own). But of course, with my 2 little ones around, one of my eyeballs will be on them while the other tries its utmost ability to absorb whatever that it can see.

Level one is more suitable for adults because the information provided are a little more profound for children. Level two is meant for children. The rooms are brightly decorated with some hands on activities and story books for children. Because this year is the year of the ox (as according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar), one of the rooms is decorated using the cow theme. Another room depicts the scene of old Chinatown. Phoebe and Xiao Ci role played lion dance. They even tried walking with clogs (not crocs). Wobbly wobbly!

I thought the people working in the museum were rather kind. They did not charge the children at all, even though Xiao Ci and Phoebe are above three years old. They also did not make me pay for Auntie Nia coz they said that maids don't know anything. Haha. They're wrong. Auntie Nia is pretty smart okie :) But it was very nice of them :) So, in the end, I only need to pay for myself. Quite worth it, $5 for 2 adults and 2 kids... heehee. Cheapskate me :p

Scroll down to join the 'WHAT'RE OUR FAVOURITE STAMPS' CONTEST











'WHAT'RE
OUR FAVOURITE STAMPS' CONTEST


Look at the second picture.
1) Which is Phoebe's favourite stamp ? (Clue : She may or may not be pointing at the one she likes)
2) Which is The Tired Mommy's favourite stamp?

Answer these 2 questions in the comment box and win yourself a PICTURE Word Book worth $7.90!

2 comments:

kkf said...

Hi any clue or not I wan to win leh...haha
u like the minnie and phoebe likes the goofy? haha...

anyway, sorry, i can't make it to the zoo outing. dash was sick again, down with flu and cough, and i was also paranoid with H1N1 cause dash already sick sooooooo often. sigh. :( Was a bit fustrated with his constant cough and flu!

The Tired Mommy said...

Haha.... Phoebe likes the stamp that has the same character as her cap. I like the stamp that has people in it, not animals :)

You can try again :)

In the end, the zoo trip was called off coz KK's son has just recovered from Rotaviral attack, and Linah, I think she's busy with Sophie adapting to her new childcare. Only left me and jessy,

So in the end, we thought we'll postphone it to maybe, the school holiday that's after National day, 10 August :) Hopefully more mommies and kids will join :)