Saturday, July 18, 2009

Face Painting

Ever since Phoebe's school taught her the reader "Face Painting" by Monica Hughs, Phoebe has been bugging me to do face painting with her. I promised her that we'll do it someday but in my heart, I was rather reluctant because I was afraid that it'll be a messy process. I'm a hygiene and neat freak, anything that's messy will be a no-no for me. I kept postponing the idea of face painting until two days ago, on Wednesday night, we went to Compass point for a walk after dinner. We went into Popular and Phoebe reminded me about face painting,

"Mommy, I want to do face painting. I never do face painting before."

Oh no, I just can't run away; my girl has good memory. I looked for the paint for face. They only carried one type, from Lyra. I thought it was good because it was in pencil-form, therefore easier to manage. No hassle. It was pricey though, $14+ for just 6 sticks!

Last evening, I was in the bathroom when my hubby played face painting with Phoebe. He painted her face and Phoebe came knocking on my bathroom day excitedly. When I opened the door, I had a shock! My gosh! Her face was brutally painted! Not an inch of her face was spared! I thought she looked like a cat though Phoebe kept insisting that she was a rabbit (her favourite animal). Papa also had his face painted by Phoebe, but his face was less vandalised because Phoebe has no experience in vandalism. Haha :) Even Reuben was not spared of the ordeal! Only mommy me was spared because I've just washed my face after my bath, so only my right hand was doodled on.

After that, Phoebe was still in a playful mood, so I got her to re-read her school reader again. She obliged very willingly. It was pretty fun and I'm glad that we've helped Phoebe to fulfill her wish.






Listen to Phoebe read for you.

2 comments:

kkf said...

sooo cute. haha. they must had lots of fun painting each other's faces. haha. :)

The Tired Mommy said...

ya, we had a good time laughing... :)