Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Little Indian Princess

We took our Swiss cuckoo clock for repair at Little India's Tekka Mall, so we thought of going there for a walk to look at the Indian costumes for little girls. Phoebe was with us as we brought her to watch a kids ballet performance in La Salle SIA. The Indian costumes were nice but some of the colours looked a little gaudy to me. We thought that if we could find one that we liked and was not too expensive, we might get one for Phoebe for Racial Harmony Day in July (that is, if the school does celebrate. Last year, they did not, maybe because of the outbreak of H1N1 in Term 3, so they might have tried to minimise mass celebration). Then I spotted a beautiful pink set which was Phoebe favourite colour. It was very beautiful and not gross. There were many jewels on the costume. We let Phoebe tried it on. It was very pretty, looks like a Walt Disney Princess costume. When I asked the shopkeeper for the price. I was surprised to hear that it cost $56! I thought I heard wrongly and so I asked again. He insisted that it cost $56. He said that if I was really interested, he would sell at $50. Phoebe liked the costume very much but I was not willing to pay $50 for it because I always thought that Indian costume would cost about $25-$35 at most. When the shopkeeper was attending to another customer, we took 2 pictures of Phoebe with the costume. We left the shop without the costume, to Phoebe's disappointment. Well, if her school is celebrating Racial Harmony Day, I might consider buying it for her then :)

5 comments:

Dadaluff said...

Very pretty costume! And she looks like a model... :)

xiaoci_mama said...

Sweet looking but the price still too much. Walk ard more and u might find cheaper ones.

kkf said...

very pretty! phoebe looks sooo beautiful in it!

Dadaluff said...

I agree dat tis expensive... so I wont even let Sophie try it on cos I wont b able to resist buying if she looks as good ad Phoebe in it! Hahaha...

The Tired Mommy said...

Haha... Maybe I'll walk around more when I'm not with the kids... Phoebe keep complaining its hot there :p