Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kids Balloon Sculpturing Workshop

I like to sign the children up for different workshops just to let them have experiences in different hands-on activities. In the June holidays, we signed Phoebe up for a balloon sculpturing workshop. We learnt about the different types of balloons and the ways of twisting them. I thought the sculptures that they had taught were a little too challenging for 5-6 year olds. They were not able to follow the steps and Phoebe was one of them! I had to perform the squeezing and twisting on her behalf. I felt enriched though I did not think Phoebe felt otherwise. She was just goofing around with Reuben, busied themselves by pumping the balloons and releasing them for the phweet sound. At the end of the workshop, we made, I mean, I made an Octopus balloon sculpture, a penguin with a heart sculpture and a dead fish on a fishing rod sculpture. It was a lot of fun for me (and them, giggling over the flying balloons) Sometimes, I think that kids workshops are just meant for their mommies, to satisfy them from their deprived childhood! Haha :)



2 comments:

kkf said...

children's day you buy some balloons, and do for your class lar! good children's day gifts! haha.

The Tired Mommy said...

haha... fingers will be painful lah :p