Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Magazine Cover Models

I have no intention of letting my children to be models because I do not like the complexity of that industry. I am just a traditional mommy, hoping that my children will end up holding conventional vocations such as doctors, lawyers and architects. If they choose to become church workers, I would support them fully and give them my blessings. I know that ultimately, God has a destiny for each of them.

While attending a kids balloon sculpturing workshop with Phoebe in Marina Square during the June school holidays, we chanced upon this free magazine photography session. We bought a Braun ear thermometer and used the receipt to redeem free photo shots for the children. Phoebe was excited about the new experience. Initially, Reuben was just as enthusiastic about it too. But when it was his turn to be photographed, he was uncooperative and whiny. I supposed it was his nap time and his mood just changed in a second. Nevertheless, the photographer was professional and he managed to snap a few quick shots for Reuben.

Phoebe had a second photography shot as the receipt was not stamped and we were able to redeem a third photography coupon for her. We changed her into her spare clothing (which we always bring along as you never know when the children would soil their clothes).

In total, we had three free photography shots and I thought the pictures turned out to be very nice, almost like real magazine covers! In the end, we spent $60 buying the 3 photographs in 8R sizes. Good marketing strategy for the modelling company and I was a sucker for it! Haha! Well, nevermind about it! I am just one proud mommy and I thank God for giving me such beautiful children! :)


No comments: