Saturday, July 5, 2008

Reuben My Son

When I first heard the name "Reuben", I fell in love with it. To me, Reuben = gentleman. It first started when I was teaching Sunday School about 12 years ago in my previous church, St. Paul's Angelican, there was a little boy in the kindy section who was brilliant but yet soft-spoken. He had a quiet charm and was very much a young gentleman. So the name "Reuben" is etched in my mind and it carries a very positive connotation.

Most of the Christian songs are very spirit lifting. I particularly love the songs written by Reuben Morgan. Reuben Morgan is a worship pastor and one of the many worship leaders, song writers at the Hillsong Church in Sydney Australia. "I give you my heart" and "Hear Our Praises" are amongst my favourite. Again, another Reuben.

The future Reuben Morgan in the making?

Reuben is also a biblical name. He was the first born of Jacob. The tribe of Reuben, the Reubenites, have been blessed.
"Let Reuben live and not die, nor his men be few." (Deuteronomy 33:6)
In the end times, it is revealled in the Revelation of the Bible that only 12 tribes will stand and the tribe of Reuben was one of them.
"...From the tribe of Reuben 12,000..." (Revelation 7:5)

Reuben, it means, "Behold, a son."

Wang Zi An : Wang (Ong) is his family name, "Zi An'' is his first name. If you examine his name, "Wang Zi" means Prince, "An"means Peace. Hence "Wang Zi An" means "Prince of Peace". Who is this Prince of Peace ? He is JESUS.

I want "Wang Zi An" to be like the Prince of Peace, loving and giving. To be Christ-like in his ways and to grow up to be a vessel of God.

Wang Zi An Reuben. What a name!

I shall blog about my girl, Phoebe... Stay tuned!

3 comments:

kkf said...

Niceee name!!!

Cherish said...

I remembered you shared about this if you have a boy. Nice!

The Tired Mommy said...

Wow Cherish, you good memory ya! :) I had wanted to give this name since 1999/2000 :)