Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Can Write 'a'

For this semester, Phoebe's teacher is teaching them the Alphabet, both the capital and small letters. The teacher got the parents to be involved in the learning process by requesting them to make a card for each of the letter, somewhat similar to the flash cards sold commercially. I spent quite sometime looking through stacks of magazines to find items that represent each letter, e.g. for the letter C, I found pictures of cars and for the letter B, I found pictures of ballerina, babies and bottles. It was tedious to make cards for the 26 letters but I love doing all these for my little girl :)

I think Phoebe has quite a fun time learning her Alphabet in school. She already knew her Alphabet (capital letters) from A-Z since she was about 2 years old. However, she doesn't know how to write them. My hubby and I had previously tried in vain to teach her how to write. However, over the last weekend, Phoebe caught me by surprise when she suddenly told me, "Mommy, a." I saw her doodling on her easel but I didn't know that she was actually writing 'a' until I got closer to have a look. I was very happy and praised her :) The next day, I tried to teach her to write 'b' but she simply rejected learning from me. Hmmm... I guess she prefers to learn with her friends :)


4 comments:

Cherish said...

Good job, Phoebe!

wanqi said...

Phoebe is so clever!!!! Wan Qi always turn off when I want to teach her the alphabets. sigh

The Tired Mommy said...

Aiyooo.. Afterall, Wanqi is only 2. Phoebe is turning 3 in about 2 months time :)

kkf said...

clever phoebe!