Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Busy is the word for the last week! I did not even have the time to check my emails or blog. Too many new things happening in this week.

To start off with, Phoebe started her new school. I thank God that she took on very smoothly. She did not cry at all. Every morning, I'll bring her to the void deck to wait for her school bus at 8 a.m. Although her school is pretty near, there is no sheltered walkway from the school to the bus stop. If it rains, we'll have a problem. Moreover, it'll be worse if my dad has to fetch Phoebe on a rainy day. Phoebe is very jumpy and she may not want to listen to my dad. It'll save everyone's trouble in fetching her from school, especially if I have to go for school meeting.

When she aboards the bus, I will rush home to prepare myself. My son will have his cornflakes and formula milk. (Yes! He has been resisting formula milk in bottle but he likes corn flakes, so my clever hubby thought of mixing his corn flakes in formula milk and spoon feed him. Reuben takes it quite willingly! Haha) Afterwhich, Auntie Nia will clean up the bedroom and prepare the ingredients for dinner. We'll go to my mum's place when things are done at home.

When we reach my mum's place, my mum will watch Reuben while Auntie Nia prepares the children's porridge. I will quickly pump milk and then go to school early if I have a meeting or matters to attend to. If not, I'll be very happy to fetch Phoebe from my mum's void deck when the school bus drops her there. After which I'll rush to school and have my quick lunch.

School is busy, especially the first week. But I'm glad that my P1 kids are pretty alright. They got settled down rather quickly. Lots of admin matters for me to attend to though. During free period, I still have to pump pump.

After school, I'll fly home to cook dinner and my hubby will fetch the children. Usually dinner will be about 7.45 p.m. and then I'll settle myself - shower and change. We'll try to spend time with our children from about 8.15 to about 9.15 p.m. We'll read to them or play toys. By about 9.45 p.m. both children will have drunk their milk, brushed their teeth, washed their faces and changed into pyjamas. By 10.30 pm, it's lights out for all and I'll sink into the bed, exhausted.

The next day, the cycle begins...

No comments: