Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lunar New Year Vs Birthday

This is Reuben's first Lunar New Year. Of course, he has no clue of what was going now. Phoebe's celebrating her 3rd Lunar New Year and she's beginning to understand the meaning of the occasion. However, she still asked me on the first day of the new year, "Mommy, today's whose birthday?" She associates celebration with birthdays. Last year, when we celebrated Christmas, she also asked me the same question, "Mommy, today's whose birthday?" I told her that it was Jesus' birthday, which was a correct answer. But when comes to the Lunar New Year, I didn't know now to answer her. I told her that it's nobody's birthday, it's the Chinese New Year. She repeated "Chinese New Year... (and then followed by) Mommy, today's whose birthday?" Hmm... she's at this age where everything is why why and more whys.

On the 7th day of Lunar New Year, it's REN RI. So it's everybody's birthday. I can expect Phoebe asking, "Where's the birthday cake?" Haha :)


I love this picture but it's a little blur if the picture is enlarged. Too bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great article.
Lunar Age Calculator