Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Goodbye Jennifer Lopez, Hello Mrs. Wishy-Washy

After faithfully serving us for 4 good years, we bade our Nissan Sunny goodbye. I must say that I really couldn't bear to part with her. She has been our faithful servant, seeing us through the good and bad times, ferrying our two little babies home from the hospital, bringing them to the doctors when they're sick, helping us with our groceries shopping, cooling us down in the sweltering heat, cushioning the children's buttocks when we change their soiled diapers. She's very close to us. Without her, it would have been a hassle to go out. I've even given her a name. I named her Jennifer Lopez coz of her large bum, the spacious boot size.


Notice the similarity in their rear view?

However, Jennifer Lopez can no longer meet our needs due to the addition to our kampong - my son and maid. Total head count - 1. My hubby, 2. me, 3. maid, 4. dad, 5. mum, 6, sister and 7. my two kiddos. Jennifer Lopez cannot hold us all in. Whenever we go out with my parents and sister, one of them have to sacrifice and that is usually my dad. I really felt very bad to see my dad taking the MRT while the rest of us enjoy the cool car ride. Since the previous COE for cars >1600cc was $200. We decided that it is time to get the Toyota Wish. It is one of the cheapest 7-seater cars in the market and a 7-seater will be able to suit our needs.

On Friday the 13th (March), we collected our Toyota Wish. Immediately, I named her Mrs. Wishy Washy due to the story "Mrs Wishy Washy" written by Joy Cowley. It was one of the story books used in the Primary 1 Stellar programme and I have read it to Phoebe.

We hope to drive Mrs Wishy Washy all the way for ten years. Hopefully, she will also serve us faithfully and fulfill her duty as a car well. Welcome to our family, Mrs Wishy-Washy!


Mrs Wishy-Washy

3 comments:

Cherish said...

Yes, I totally understand how you feel. When my hb had to get rid of his 10 year old BMer, I cried because it had seen us through bad snowy days eversince I was here, and this BMer worked hard like a workhorse. I even took few pictures of it before we sent it off : (

The Tired Mommy said...

Ya... I feel very sayang... coz it is still working very well, no engine problem. It's still very new... We've maintained it well... wash it every week...

Cherish said...

you never cry ah ? haa....but this new 7 seater, you will sure enjoy with your family ....we got rid of ours cos' too small when my family comes to visit ...so no choice also ...