Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reuben's 1st Birthday - Part 2



We celebrated Reuben's first birthday again on Sunday, one day before the actual day. We had a small party. We invited a different crowd from Phoebe's 3rd birthday, consisting of families of my hubby's parents, siblings, my old classmate, Linda, my hubby's ex-colleague, Alex and my neighbours. All of them had young children so it was very noisy, messy but fun. Reuben did not know what was going on but he was very well-behaved, didn't wail or drop a single tear. Because he was born in the year of the rat, we decided to get him a Mickey Mouse cake.

I was so busy running in and out that I forgot to take pictures of my guests! Only Phoebe managed to capture some moments but some of the pictures were distorted with headless beings... haha :) Anyway, everything ended after about 2.5 hours. I keep the decorations intact just to admire a little more of my effort. Some of the decos were recycled from Phoebe's birthday but others were new ones.

After all the guests had gone home, the children washed up and then, it's presents-opening time! Reuben didn't know how to open his presents so naturally, Phoebe got to open them. Thank you Auntie Linda and Uncle Jonathan for the cute Activity Island toy, Auntie Kwan and Uncle Thomas for the handsome Fox Baby clothes set and Uncle Alex and Auntie Joyce for the cute Mickey Mouse clothes. Thank you grandparents, uncle and aunties for the ang paos too.

Parties are fun but tiring. I told my hubby that we shall not have anymore parties for the whole of this year, just to take a break from it. For Phoebe's 4th birthday at the end of the year, we might just have a small dinner gathering or maybe a MacDonald's party? I will have seven more months to plan ahead :)








No comments: