Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Family and Neighbours

Yesterday morning, we had nothing to do. So I gave Phoebe a large sheet of paper and told her to draw some people. Phoebe started drawing her papa, herself and then, her mommy, her brother and her Auntie Nia. Then she saw her good friend, and she exclaimed, "Oh! I forgot to draw Vera!" And she drew her good friend and then, her good friend's family members. I sat beside her, encouraging her to colour the picture and suggested some details, such as fringe, eyebrow, legs etc. Then I suggested writing the names for the characters. I held her hand and we wrote the names together. It was a wonderful experience. After a while, her picture was completed. I thought it was a very beautiful piece, coming out from a 3.5 year old child. I stuck her picture on the wall.

I will try to get her to draw something else next time, maybe animals? Haha :)

2 comments:

Cherish said...

sooo cute....

Dadaluff said...

Actually, it looks quite good leh! Well done, Phoebe!