Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blessed to Bless

I'm blessed with 4 breastpumps - 2 Medela single electric, 1 Medela dual electric and 1 Avent manual. Only 1 Medela single electric is mine. The rest were my friends. I'm not being 'kiasu'. They were very kind to lend them to me, so I have the convenience of putting 1 in my school, 2 at home and 1 in my mum's place. No need to carry it around from one location to another.

I started pumping milk in the car on weekends when we go out. I borrowed the Avent manual pump from a colleague because the batteries in the electric pump run flat very quickly. Why do I pump during the car rides?

1) The car rides are usually pretty long, sufficient time to pump a feed. So, I do not waste time pumping at home.

2) My boy does not like to latch on. Sometimes when we go out for long hours, we had to bring along bottles of breastmilk in a cooler bag, which will lose its coldness rather easily in the afternoon heat. So if I can pump out and let him have it fresh from the cow, it's more convenient.

3) When we go out for long hours in the weekends, my supply will usually drop on Monday due to insufficient pumping. So, by pumping in the car, I'm preventing the supply from dipping.

With 4 pumps, I'm blessed to bless (my son).

mooo... mooo...

1 comment:

Dadaluff said...

sigh... I must update my post about our babies being "so lucky"...