Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tripod Sit

Today, I've just discovered that Reuben, at 5 months 1 week old, is able to do a tripod sit for about 3 minutes. Somehow, Reuben's physical development seems to be faster than Phoebe's. I vividy remember that Phoebe only do her tripod sit at about 6-7 months old. Reuben's umbilical cord also dropped off earlier than Phoebe's. His dropped off on the fifth day while hers took about 2 weeks. Subconsciously, I always use Phoebe's progression as a benchmark to gauge against Reuben's development. I always hear people saying that boys and girls are different and boys tend to be slower in linguistic development as compared to girls. But both my kids started babbling when they were 2-3 months old. Now, Reuben could babble "mamamama" rather clearly, much to the delight of my mother :) I guess every child is indeed different.


Reuben, 5 mths 1 wk, with 2 hair-cut experience, in his tripod sit position


Phoebe, about 6-7 mths, still hairless, in her tripod sit position

No comments: