Friday, August 22, 2008

Sit & Eat

Phoebe has been trained to eat on her high chair since young. I'm one mommy who disapproves of children running around during feeding time. It is such a hassle for the caregiver, the food will get cold, the feeding time tends to be longer and it reflects a poor eating habit. Everytime it's time to have her meal, Phoebe will know that she has to be on a high chair, even when she is out. If there's no high chair available, I'll usually stack up at least 3 stools so that she'll be elevated and cannot 'escape'. I think I'll also do likewise for Reuben when it is time for him to eat his semi-solids. Hopefully he doesn't resist.


5 comments:

mahmmy_boy said...

too bad joshua doesnt like high chair :(

The Tired Mommy said...

my phoebe very very active, if i don't insist using high chair, she'll probably take one hour to finish her meal... your joshua is so much more tame... hopefully my reuben will be good temperament like yous too...

mahmmy_boy said...

my at other people place behave well. But at home, a terror...

Cherish said...

for me, I tell myself, if Ethan runs about while having his meals next time, I will take away his food, then hopefully he will learn that mealtime is sit-down time to eat, and not to play...haaa...bad mommy ...kekeke

The Tired Mommy said...

but Cherish, sometimes we just can't bear to let our children starve lah... no heart to do that, so it'll not work if we ourselves do not live up to our words... So I rather be pro active and put her in the high chair first than to later on try to carry out threat and punishment :p