Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chinese Readers

Phoebe's diction in Mandarin is a little funny. It doesn't sound very accurate. We're trying to encourage her to read more in Chinese. We'l be sourcing for Chinese readers, something like what she uses in her school, something easy to read and yet close to her daily life. We saw some Chinese readers in EdVenture. I quite like the Tip Top Series. It's quite pricey $168 for 32 books but I think I'll still get that for her. It's an investment since Reuben can also use it when he's older. In the meantime, enjoy listening to Phoebe's story about shapes. Don't cringe :)

5 comments:

Cherish said...

haaa....she sounds so cute in Mandarin ...wow...some shapes in Chinese I also don't know leh ...I wonder "zhen fang xin" is "square" or "rectangle" har? I really need to brush up my Chinese liao before I teach Ethan .....But Phoebe is really good, she can read the chinese characters, I don't think I can ...most of it give back to Chinese teacher liao ....hiaz ...

Dadaluff said...

Have u bought them yet? their annual sale jus ended last weekend... but if u wait a little, I m waiting for them to send me my membership card. If nt, u pay extra $5 for membership only and can b used on first purchase.

The Tired Mommy said...

Oh I join the membership too. :) Will wait to see how :)

The Tired Mommy said...

Zhen fang Xin is square. Actually, I learnt Si Fang Xin instead of Zhen fang xin... :p

Phoebe doesn't recognise all the Chinese characters lah. She memorised the story :)

Cherish said...

that's why I am always confused with the chinese,wow! got "shi fang xing" har? don't remember my chinese teacher taught us "shi fang xin" ...I don't think I learned shapes in Chinese...haiz ....confusing ...
I think all children started with memorising first before they know the characters bah ...I remember "Li Bai's Poem" the "chuan qian min yue guang ...blah blah blah ...." by memory also ...I never know how to write them at all in Chinese characters ...haiz ....