Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day

Mothers' Day is on Sunday. But we decided to beat the crowd and escape commercial exploitation by celebrating the occasion today. My parents wanted to have some pork ribs so I thought of Cafe Cartel that serves rather decent pork ribs at reasonable price. I think it's because of the swine flu, people are avoiding pork. Hence, the St. Louis Pork Ribs are selling at about $3 cheaper than usual. So we ordered the ribs. Auntie Nia had chicken cutlet with sausage and fries. Reuben and Phoebe helped themselves to some slices of french loaves.

Throughout the meal, Reuben was very bored and made quite a lot of noises. So we kept feeding him with bread to hush him. It does work indeed. Reuben loves eating and his mouth was kept busy and occupied.

As we were eating, I gave Phoebe some papers and pencil to doodle. I was very surprised when I saw her writing her own name!!! I did not teach her how to write her own name so she probably has learnt it in school. I know that some children know how to write their names at a younger age but Phoebe's name is rather long so I deem it more difficult to spell and write it. I am so so so proud of my little girl! I guess that is my best Mothers' Day present to me =) My little sunshine, she never fails to amaze me! Love her nuts! =)


Reuben looking very bored so he stuffed himself silly with all the free bread that he can eat.


He's still eating. Too dry, drink some water...


And then, it's back to eating and eating, more bread and more bread...


The papas enjoying their ribs. I think I'm getting old coz I thought it was too much meat for me...

The old candies posing for a take.


Little Miss Sweetie Pie, she was very well-behaved throughout the meal. No tantrums thrown. Absolutely angelic! :)


My Best Mothers' Day present, PHOEBE, my pride and joy! =)

3 comments:

Cherish said...

yooo..make me hungry leh ....How nice! Can celebrate with mother : ) ...me *sob* *sob* .....oops! that reminds me to call my mum on that day ....haaa...Phoebe, big girl liao ....no more fussing ...yeah!!

xiaoci_mama said...

Reading this at 1130 pm make me feel like eating bbq pork ribs too!
Happy Mothers' Day to all.

The Tired Mommy said...

heehee, actually, after eating that, makes me so guilty, so much meat! :p