Monday, May 18, 2009

Straw Necklace

My school children were using straws to make a flexible measuring ruler for Math and that gave me an idea to make a straw necklace with Phoebe. We got the colourful straws from Ikea at $2 for 200 pieces. I cut the straws to short pieces and got Phoebe to string up the straws. It was not difficult as Pheobe was old enough to do stringing. However, it took some time as the string which she was using was a little limb. While Phoebe was stringing the straws, what was little Reuben doing ? Messing up the straws. He poured the straws out from the box and mess them up with his hands. Then he put some back into the box and pur them out again. At the end of the session, what do we have? We have a happy Phoebe with her new necklace, a floor with scattered straws and a runaway Reuben.

Then it was time to have their milk before nap time. I was very happy that Reuben can finally drink milk on his own, without us holding the bottle for him. He comfortably parked himself beside his jie jie, the two of them having the similar milk bottles but of different sizes. Such a bliss! :)






Milk time. The two of them getting cozy after milk. Time for nap! :)

5 comments:

Cherish said...

hey...Annie...realize that Phoebe also use milk bottle at this age ...my niece when she was around Phoebe's age also did that...now I am not sure cos' never call my mum to ask if she still use milk bottle or not (think she is about 4 or 4.5 years old now) ....just curious how old the children will stop using milk bottles? here I hardly see my friends' kids using milk bottle at this age though ...just wondering why we transit them later than those Anh Mo?

Dadaluff said...

So good... I am still holding Sophie's bottle. I think she will never hold it on her own.

Cherish, I tink recommended age to wean off bottle is 1 year old. But my PD said if Sophie is a fussy eater, I should wait. I remember myself still drinking from the bottle around 5 years old... hahaha...

The Tired Mommy said...

Ya, she still drinks milk using a bottle. Don't know why too. But I think I'll give her another year, once she reaches K1, I'll keep her bottles :) haha.

Dadaluff said...

I think tis just a comfort thg lor... dun rush her lah, she'll lose it wen she is ready.

kkf said...

wow, nice necklace, and so creative!

btw, realises pretty phoebe looks so much like her mummy! hee.