Friday, May 22, 2009

Gingerbread Man Fan

We have already bought the tickets to watch the Gingerbread Man on 30 May 10 a.m. However, Phoebe's school had planned for the children to watch the same show on 18 May. We only got to know about it about a week after we had bought our tickets. Knowing that her school would do some pre-activities with the children and that her friends would be going, I cannot bear the thought of her being left out. So I decided to let her watch the same show with her friends. Going with her school would cost another $22, inclusive of transport. I thought it was a little expensive, considering that we bought our tickets at $16.50 each. The school has read them the story but I wanted to read the story with Phoebe, so I bought the Gingerbread man storybook. Phoebe said, "I love the story very much."

I know that it was not a mistake to let her go with her friends. She enjoyed herself. It is the culture of I-theatre to give away something to the audience to take away. The last time we watched The Rainbow Fish, they gave us a box of chocolate biscuit shaped like fish. Then for Aesop Fabulous Fable, they gave us colourful candy. Needless to say, the take away for this time round was a gingerbread man. It was given to the children through the school on the following day. Phoebe devoured her gingerbread man greedily. The head got chewed off first! :) Phoebe said she liked the show. She wants to watch it again. I told her that we'll be watching the show again soon. Both of us are looking forward to it. =)


3 comments:

kkf said...

pretty phoebe eating yummy gingerbread cookie! so good leh, schools organise such trips. dash's current school doesn't have. hope cheri hearts will have.

Dadaluff said...

Great age for plays... I wish a Sophie will like such thgs wen tis her time. Btw, jun is coming.. Wanna plan for some outing?

kkf said...

hi hi, i also bought the same book for dash after watching the play...great play!